BioSentinel is a world leader in botulinum neurotoxin detection assay and the application of the assays for pharmaceutical, defense, and research purposes. The employees of BioSentinel drive the work that achieves this vision, and BioSentinel is committed to both employee and company success. BioSentinel offers an exciting and pleasant work environment, a full range of benefits, and competitive compensation.
Any open positions will be listed here.
2021 Scientist (Cell Biology Group)
Job Title: Scientist
Company: BioSentinel Inc.
Location: Madison, WI
Industry: Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical
Company Size: 10
Botulinum neurotoxins (BoNTs) have come to forefront of the public mind with continued advances in the use of the toxins for the treatment of neurological conditions. In addition, BoNTs pose a potential threat to world security as bio-terrorism weapons. BoNT detection assays are currently needed in the private and public sectors to understand BoNT function, to develop new treatments for botulism, and to develop reliable, high-throughput detection systems. BioSentinel is a well-established company furthering botulism-related research and drug development with a unique set of assays, methods, and services for the detection and quantification of BoNTs.
BioSentinel is looking for a full-time scientist to join its team. The appropriate teammate will support assay development and pharmaceutical testing projects. BioSentinel is a privately held company that develops, manufactures, and sells biochemical and cell-based products for the quantification and quality control of botulinum neurotoxins. Our products are used worldwide by pharmaceutical companies and government labs for potency testing, R&D, and environmental testing. Candidates will be given the opportunity to participate in projects pertaining to research and method development, pre-validation, protocol development, and assay design. You will be expected to work both in a team setting as well as individually to execute assigned tasks and report results to the group.
• Developing and executing cell-based methods in support of client projects.
• Maintaining engineered cell lines.
• Developing and troubleshooting various bioassays.
• Testing of client samples while strictly adhering to established company protocols.
• Data analysis, preparation, and reporting.
• Maintaining laboratory equipment, supplies, and environment.
• Participating in shared holiday and weekend responsibilities within the cell biology team.
BioSentinel values the individual contributions that each teammate provides to enrich the company. The new teammate should have a strong background in tissue culture and aseptic technique as well as the ability to execute experiments based on overall study plans. Applicants should be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining timelines and meeting project goals. Candidates are encouraged to think creatively and present new ideas to the group through weekly lab meetings.
• Minimum of a BS/BA in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related field.
• 3+ years tissue culture and aseptic technique experience required.
• Ability to modify (e.g., change target concentrations or conditions) existing protocols to meet experimental and study aims.
• Willingness to work both independently and with the scientific team.
• Willingness to embrace and utilize new or unfamiliar technologies.
• Excellent organization and communication skills required.
• Experience with relative potency assay analysis and related software (PLA, JMP) desirable but not required.
• Bioassay development, cell-line cloning, or flow cytometry desirable but not required.
• Applicants with both cell-based and biochemical (e.g., ELISA) assay experience or protein purification experience further encouraged to apply.
BioSentinel is committed to employee and company success. BioSentinel provides competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, PTO, sick leave, and holiday leave. Our retirement package includes SEP-IRA contributions.
To be considered for this position, please send your C.V. to: email@example.com